We’ve stepped away from our prep of the new space momentarily to bring you a long-overdue update. A few strapping lads are taping and filling the drywall seams, while others are uncovering more of that fantastic tile floor. We’ve sent Jim Perry off to hand-paint our store signs. And early next week, we will paint the walls and the building will be ready for inspection.
Now to the food front.
Cheese & Dairy
· We now have 30 spectacular cheeses for our cheese case.
· Fresh Mackenzie’s chickens are pumping out the eggs.
· Twin Compass Farm has planted one and a half acres just for us
· Arthur at HCC has been bringing us dreamy greens and herbs for the past two weeks
· Zahradkas has beautiful lettuces coming up and heirloom tomatoes in the ground.
· We just met with Unfi to finish ordering our dry and package goods.
· Zahradkas’ chickens have been a hit at Clementine, and we can’t wait to bring them to your home table, too.
· Farmer Al has two grass-fed beeves ready for the butchery in early June.
· And our ten Belvale Hampshire/Yorkshire Cross piglets are growing up. They have moved outside and are living large. (Need we say literally?)